Larger Dollar Store Frame (mine was a 10” X 10”)
Smaller Dollar Store Frame (make sure you have space for decorative items when smaller frame is laid over larger frame)4” X 4” opening
Burlap material or Brown Kraft Paper
Hot Glue and Glue Sticks
Picture of Choice Cut to Fit Smaller Frame
Colorful Dog Biscuits (or objects of choice)
Clear, Flat Finish Sealer for Dog Biscuits
Spray Paint to Unify Frame Color if You Can’t Find Matching Frames
1. Any shape will work for the frames. Just make sure you have an adequate border for gluing you decorative items.
2. Fit picture of choice in smaller frame. Make sure you clean inside and outside of glass. Tip: There is usually a paper template in the picture frame that you can trace around to make sure the picture is cut exactly to size
3. Take off back of larger frame and discard glass.
4. Wrap burlap around cardboard filler of larger frame. Be sure to make sure that burlap is lined up straight. Use duct tape to secure burlap to cardboard filler. Replace burlap wrapped cardboard filler into larger frame.
6. (Optional) Spray dog biscuits with a clear, flat finish sealer.
7. Glue or hot glue dog biscuits to frame
There are so many variations that a crafter can do to personalize this project. Here are a few examples:
• Do you have a great picture of your family at the beach? Use a beach picture and glue sea shells to the burlap like Decor Chick did.
• Have a memorable trip to Vegas? Glue dice to the burlap.
• For a kids room you could glue small toys, etc. to the outside border.
• Do you have some loose interesting buttons that you don’t know what to do with? Glue those to the frame border.
• You can also use a brown kraft paper or wrapping paper or wallpaper remnants instead of burlap to create your own unique look.
This is a picture of my cute lab, Roxy. I am going to make one more for my beagle mix, Violet. Have fun with this idea and send me your pictures with what you create so I can post them! Thanks!
I've linked up with the following link parties:
Flaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoe String Decorating
Frugalicious Friday at Decor Mamma
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge
Look at Me I'm So Crafty at Fun to Craft
It's a Hodgepodge Friday at It's a Hodgepodge Life
Friday Fun Finds at Kojo Designs
Fab Friday at Frugal & Fabulous Design
Check Me Out Saturday at A Vision to Remember
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Saturday is Crafty Day at Along For the Ride
Saturday Soiree at A Little Lovely
Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime
The Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello
Follow Friday 40 and Older at Never Growing Old
New Friend Fridays at The Girl Creative
DIY Project Parade at DIY Show Off
Sharing Time at Raising Memories
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
Making the World Cuter Mondays at Making the World Cuter
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple
Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays at New Nostalgia
Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous
It's So Very Creative at It's So Very Cheri