One of the blogs that I came across and started following is The Answer Is Chocolate. She has written so many wonderful posts in the brief time that she has been writing her blog. I can't possible pick a favorite among her many fun decor projects. The Answer is Chocolate passed along the Honest Scrap Award to me for the post I made entitled It's All Too Much.
You don't have to be a scrapper to win this award, but there are a few things to do as a result of this honor:
1) Share 10 honest things about yourself.
2) Pass along the award to another deserving blogger.
So, are you ready to hear ten honest confessions???
1) I really am not a fan of very modern decor. It just feels so cold to me.
2) I had a Gastric Bypass in 1999 and successfully lost a lot of weight.
3) I love watching true crime and forensics shows and will usually be watching these if not watching HGTV.
4) I can also watch gory health channel television shows, but when it comes to my own self I could almost pass out giving blood.
5) I wear dresses almost every day because I think they are so comfortable. About the only time I will not have one on is when I am exercising or doing a project.
6) I am a vegetarian. I read the book Skinny Bitch and have not eaten meat since.
7) I have committed to running a half marathon in Phoenix next year. I don't know if I can run the whole way, but I am sure going to give it a shot.
8) I knew I was going to marry my husband two weeks after I met him. It took a couple of weeks longer for him to figure out the same about me.
9) I once had my belly button pierced, but it got infected and I let it close up. Is it too late for a 48 year old woman to do it again?
10) I am addicted to Starbucks. They like me so much they gave me a custom gold Starbucks card with my name on it. Seriously!!!
Now I am going to pass along the "Honest Scrap" award to these 10 deserving blogs that I have loved reading and have been inspired by:
1) The Love List I loved her F U, BP post and admired her for speaking what many of us won't say publicly for fear of being politically correct. She took a lot of crap from an anonymous commenter for her post.
2) Green Your Decor I love Jennae's blog and admire her strength and honesty in dealing with a situation that would make most of us totally fall apart.
3) Savvy Southern Style What a nice blog. I love to read this and I loved how she personalized the recent umbrella stand post by telling us the story about her father-in-law.
4) Self Confessed Lamp Tramp I drool over her slip covered dining chairs and she makes it look easy, even though I know it isn't. However, her Alive Day post really touched my heart!
5) Funky Junk Interiors I love her decorating style and loved reading about her experience in the "So You Think You Can Decorate?" competition.
6) Infarrantly Creative Besides being a Hoosier, Beckie from Infarrantly Creative had so much guts to bare her soul and talk about her way back to faith in her Real and Raw Series. I read each entry and admired her courage. (I live in Arizona, but was raised in Indy)
7) The Magic Brush Inc. She is so talented and yet as impressed as I am by what she does to interiors, I really loved her post on running being a mental sport. She has accomplished a half marathon and I so admire her honesty about what it takes.
8) Velvet and Linen We all know that Brooke has one of the most beautiful blogs out there and I love anything she and her talented husband Steve create. It was her Mother's Day post on mothers, daughters and interior design that made me cry. I showed the post to my mother and she loved it as well.
9) Nanny Goats in Panties How could anyone not love a blog with that name. Now, throw in some really cute goat pictures and a fun writing style and this writer's blog is a winner!
10) Denton Sanatorium This fellow Arizona blogger writes about her life, kids and motherhood like she is in the room talking to you. My kids are grown and almost out of the house, but I get a kick reading about her life.
Thank you so much to The Answer is Chocolate for this thoughtful award. Now, please go check out some of the wonderful blogs above!